Monday, July 27, 2009

Restaurant Review- Fritti

Fritti serves up one of my favorite cuisines- pizza- in one of my favorite Atlanta neighborhoods- Inman Park. I would self describe myself as a pizza snob. I don't just love any pizza. It has to have the perfect crust- the authentic Neopolitan style or the NY fold the slice pizza style. Fritti specializes in the Neopolitan style, a thin crust with a bit of char on the edges. The menu offers a wide variety of vegetarian options, including a pizza with spinach, peppers, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, and squash but I chose to play it safe with the margherita- a true judge of pizza quality. Fritti's Regina Margherita has buffalo mozzarella, San Marzano tomatoes, and basil, and was small enough for one person. Fritti mastered the Neopolitan crust. It was chewy but had a slight smokey flavor from the char. The sauce was the best part, slightly sweet with the San Marzano tomatoes adding some tang. The only downside of my Fritti experience, was that they do not slice the pizzas, claiming to try to retain the authentic Neopolitan style. I had to cut it myself with a table fork and knive. Despite the manual labor, I look forward to my next trip to Fritti!

Atmosphere: Casual/Business, great outdoor patio
Price: reasonable for gourmet pizza, around $12-$15 per pizza.
Parking: plenty of street parking on N. Highland
Overall Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment